Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros loading under XL2003

My company has upgraded to XL2003, and I am forced to play 'catch up'. I
have only a few co-workers, so two
dedicated machines still run standalone with xl2k as a fallback, if needed.

Addins do not seem to be a problem, so far, but a few 'template' workbooks
(eg: an Order form, Fax form, etc)
are a problem.

They are not 'true' Templates or Forms, simply single-sheet books, with
code in the ThisWorkbook module.
When opened, I'm getting macro warning messages, and I can simply bypass the
code leaving me with a "useless" sheet.

My research suggests that a Certificate is required.
Can I create this myself, or must it be purchased?

If relevent, my co-workers Order/Fax is e-mailed to the intended recipient,
but Chip Pearson's code is 'borrowed'
to remove all code, before sending.

Can I resolve this easily and cheaply? Or perhaps I should consider moving
these 'templates' so that they become
options under the AddIns?

Advice much appreciated, please.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RWN RWN is offline

Can you not just go to "Tools-Macro-Security" and lower the setting to medium?
This will trigger the "do you want to allow macro's" dialogue.

--
Regards;
Rob
"S G Booth" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply.
I'm using the medium setting at the moment, but a High
setting would be preferable. In addition, with a medium
setting the user can always disable macros.

If it's not too difficult to achieve, then I really would like
to find another way.

Regards and thanks.

"S G Booth" wrote in message
[...]

XL2003 and tab colours Jack Sheet New Users to Excel 5 August 13th 06 08:57 AM
Dev tools (VSS) in XL2003 Alex T Excel Programming 2 June 25th 04 07:22 PM
XL2003 Add Ins Melissa[_2_] Excel Programming 1 October 22nd 03 07:24 PM
xl2003 and VS Alex T Excel Programming 2 September 22nd 03 10:26 AM
xl2003 GUS Excel Programming 0 September 18th 03 08:16 PM