Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I prevent a sheet from moving within a workbook?

I want to know if there is a way to "freeze" a worksheet like you can
freeze/unfreeze panes on a worksheet. I have an Excel workbook that is
comprised of approximately fifty worksheets. I use the first worksheet as a
"lookup" worksheet, whereby the user can select a particular worksheet name
from a dropdown list, and then click a button that will take them directly to
the worksheet they picked. I want to be able to keep the "lookup" worksheet
static in its place, whereby it will always be on the left-most position of
the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think you can do what you ask. A work-around would be to put the
"lookup" worksheet immediately to the left of the selected worksheet.
Since you're using a drop-down, you're obviously capturing the name of the
selected worksheet. Put the following syntax (adjusting for your own
variables and worksheet names) in the code that activates your selected
worksheet.

Sheets("MyLookupWorksheet").Move befo=Sheets(strSelectedWorksheet)

HTH,
Gary Brown