Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 6 column sort

Hi,
In my routine job, I need sort function that could sort data in 6 different
column.
Excel have only sort function with 3 different column.
So I look on excel VBA macro to create this function.
Before I go further to create this function, I just wonder if someone had
already done this ?
Or is there any other way to manipulate existing sort function ?
I will appreciate any direction.

I first attemp is used "Selection.sort" function.
The coding as follow:

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range(ComboBox1.Text), Order1:=xlAscending,
Key2:=Range(ComboBox2.Text) _
, Order2:=xlAscending, Key3:=Range(ComboBox3.Text),
Order3:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, MatchCase:=True, Orientation:=xlSortColumns

Then I tried to append Range with other column input, but do not work:
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range(ComboBox1.Text)&Range(ComboBox4.Text),
Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range(ComboBox2.Text))&Range(ComboBox5.Text) ,
Order2:=xlAscending, Key3:=Range(ComboBox3.Text))&Range(ComboBox6.Text) ,
Order3:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, MatchCase:=True, Orientation:=xlSortColumns

I will appreciate any direction.

cruesoe137

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It takes two sorts. Sort on your least significant columns
first, then sort of the most significant columns.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

m...
?
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chip thanks for your responds.
I am now in the middle of road to create VBA that look like on Excell menu
Data Sort. My customize Data Sort have 6 column option instead of standard
Excell option with 3 column to choose. Not all the time I used 6 column to
sort, sometime I just need 4 or 5, and 6 column is the max option. I just
wondering if I could modified the standard Excell Selection.sort function,
so it can accomodate max 6 column sort with out doing 2 sort action.

Irwan