Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying Result from Drop-Down Box in Seperate Cell...Can it be done?

Hi

I have an Excel Spreadsheet, with a drop-down box linked to a worksheet
within the workbook. The worksheet contains two columns of data. 1st
column is a 5 digit number, the second column is an alpha numeric
description which corresponds to that number.

I would like to be able to select the alpha numeric description within the
workbook, and this then looks up the corresponding 5 digit number and
displays it in a cell on a different worksheet but within the same
workbook.

The drop-down list is the easy part! I have two columns of listdata set-up
which are linked to the the drop down list this works well but the text
size is too small, and i want the numeric part to autmatically show
elsewhere in the workbook.

The output cell is on the same page as the drop-down the whole reason for
this is that i can't change the text size for the drop-down list, the form
needs to be printed as part of our work procedures, so the text size is
important in the scheme of things. If i can output the result to a
seperate cell then i should be able to format this to match shouldnt i?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to show the value from one cell in another cell, then you can
link the cells.

=A1
placed in D1 would show the value displayed in A1.

Beyond that, it is unclear what you are asking.

Read your own posting and see what you think.

Tom Ogilvy