Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Craig H

Default Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

In excel I can't get the V-lookups I'm running to show their reaults, when
creating the vlookup the result is display, but the result doesn't show in
the cell with the formula??

Any ideas welcomed??

Thanks Craig
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Formulas don't work in cells formatted as text.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Craig H" <Craig wrote in message
Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

In excel I can't get the V-lookups I'm running to show their reaults, when
creating the vlookup the result is display, but the result doesn't show in
the cell with the formula??

Any ideas welcomed??

Thanks Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Perhaps the cell is formatted as text. Change it to General, then do an
F2-Enter.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Craig H" <Craig wrote in message
Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

In excel I can't get the V-lookups I'm running to show their reaults, when
creating the vlookup the result is display, but the result doesn't show in
the cell with the formula??

Any ideas welcomed??

Thanks Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Just to add on a little to Arvi's hint:
Formulas don't work in cells formatted as text.

Try re-formatting the cell/col as general (or number),
then re-confirm the formula (click inside the formula bar, press ENTER)
--
Max
Singapore