Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TAM TAM is offline

Default File Handling

Can you please tell me whether it is possible to copy files (regardless of
type) from one location to another using VBA - I know how to get the
contents of a folder but can not find anything regarding actions to take on
files

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

OrigFile="C:\video.wmv"
DestFile="D:\TEMP\copy of video.wmv"
FileCopy OrigFile, DestFile

Regards,
KL

"TAM" wrote in message
. uk...
Can you please tell me whether it is possible to copy files (regardless of
type) from one location to another using VBA - I know how to get the
contents of a folder but can not find anything regarding actions to take
on
files

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, it does, and (SURPRISE!) you could have found that by going to VBA Help
and typing 'file copy' (without the quotes) in the search box <g.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:25:00 GMT, "TAM" wrote:

Many thanks for your help - works great

"TAM" wrote in message
.uk...
Can you please tell me whether it is possible to copy files (regardless of
type) from one location to another using VBA - I know how to get the
contents of a folder but can not find anything regarding actions to take

on
files

Thanks

Error Handling - Check a file isn't already open before overwritin NDBC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 13th 09 08:36 AM
handling the print to file prompt hke[_11_] Excel Programming 1 October 15th 04 01:31 PM
'Esc' handling RJH Excel Programming 4 April 21st 04 05:42 AM
file handling 2 Jo[_6_] Excel Programming 1 April 6th 04 06:41 PM
file handling Jo[_6_] Excel Programming 2 April 6th 04 06:20 PM