Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How 2 remove this error - SMTP Server, Email using CDO

I stole the following code from Ron De Bruin's website with
minor modification.
The SMTP server name "smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" is from my
ISP.
The SMTP server name is the same as I set up my outlook
express outgoing mail and which works fine.
When I tried to execute the following code, the got the
following error message:

Run-time error '-2147220975(80040211)'
The message could not be sent to the SMTP server.
The transport error code was 0x80040217.
The server response is not available.

Any suggestion to remove the error message?
Thanks a lot.

Yongjun CHEN

Houston, TX
U.S.A

P.S. My outlook express (using same account and SMTP
server) works fine.

========= CODE ========= CODE =========
Sub SendEmail()
Dim iMsg As Object
Dim iConf As Object
Dim Flds As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults
Set Flds = iConf.Fields

With Flds

..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")
= 2

..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
= "smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com"

..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport")
= 25
.Update
End With

With iMsg
Set .Configuration = iConf
.To = "
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.From = """ABC ZZZ"" "
.Subject = "This is a test"
.TextBody = "Hi there"
'.AddAttachment "C:/" & WBname
' You can add any file you want with this line
..AddAttachment "C:/Test.txt"
.Send
End With

Set iMsg = Nothing
Set iConf = Nothing
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yongjun

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm
If you not use the comented code in the macro's it will use the settings from Outlook express
Try this first

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl