Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with code location PL EASE

Hi
I have been reading many tutorials but am still lost when it come to where
to place code.
I see the code below will total all the number in col A from line 1 to
200.Great...but where do I put this code and how to I call it
Please be very specific..Thanks
totVal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets(1).Ra nge("a1:a200"))
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this statement

range("a201")=totval
====================
PCOR wrote in message
Hi
I have been reading many tutorials but am still lost when it come to where
to place code.
I see the code below will total all the number in col A from line 1 to
200.Great...but where do I put this code and how to I call it
Please be very specific..Thanks
totVal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets(1).Ra nge("a1:a200"))
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) Alt/F11 brings up the Visual Basic window
2) Insert, Module creates a new module

However, you'll need more to work with than the above. Try the tutorials
here
http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/9245/

"PCOR" wrote in message
Hi
I have been reading many tutorials but am still lost when it come to where
to place code.
I see the code below will total all the number in col A from line 1 to
200.Great...but where do I put this code and how to I call it
Please be very specific..Thanks
totVal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets(1).Ra nge("a1:a200"))
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TIP

Record a macro. when done, look under tools macros for your macro and select
EDIT...this will take you to the module.
The module is a standard code module...as already mentioned by otheres, but
this way you'll get to see where it sits if you look in the Project Window of
the IDE.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP