Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Splash Screen problem

I have a splash screen that shows at application startup. Here is my
auto_open code

Sub auto_open()
Application.Visible = False

SPLASH.Show

Call AppSetup

End Sub

Problem: When the application starts there is a moment when the workbook
shows an open spreadsheet (maybe 1/4 second) and then hides to show the
splash screen and then opens fully after the AppSetup macro is complete.

Is there a better way to do this so I don't get the opening flicker?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

You might want to look at some properties of the Application object, like
WindowState, Height, and Width. There might be something there you can use.
I don't think you can hide the application while trying to show a Form,
which is part of the application.

Another suggestion - a shot in the dark, not knowing your whole approach -
would be to build your splash screen on a new sheet. At open, this sheet
only is visible; when your AppSetup macro is done, hide this sheet and show
the rest.

Ed

"Glen Mettler" wrote in message
I have a splash screen that shows at application startup. Here is my
auto_open code

Sub auto_open()
Application.Visible = False

SPLASH.Show

Call AppSetup

End Sub

Problem: When the application starts there is a moment when the workbook
shows an open spreadsheet (maybe 1/4 second) and then hides to show the
splash screen and then opens fully after the AppSetup macro is complete.

Is there a better way to do this so I don't get the opening flicker?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed,
Thanks for the input. I tried both options. There doesn't seem to be a
good solution. I still get flicker. I guess I will just have to live with
the flicker.

Glen

"Ed" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Glen, I don't know if this will help you, but its what I did...

Sheets("Splash").Activate

End Sub

Then it selects the splash sheet before it saves/closes and hopefully
when you open you app it will be the first sheet seen...

Hope this helps

ste