Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Splash Screen Problem

I have a problem with the Splash Screen for my XLA. Basically, I have code
in the Workbook_Open routine to show a userform (called FSplash) i.e.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
FSplash.Show
End Sub

And code in FSplash's Activate event to set up a timer to call another
routine called CloseSplash that closes the form i.e.

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:05:"), "CloseSplash"
End Sub

CloseSplash is located in a standard module and simply closes the userform
i.e.

Public Sub CloseSplash()
Unload FSplash
End Sub

All of this works OK if I open Excel normally. I launch Excel, my addin is
loaded and my splash screen is displayed and removed.

My problems begin when, if rather than opening Excel normally, I open Excel
by double-clicking on a workbook. My intention here is to have Excel open,
my addin load (displaying the splash screen) and then the workbook that I
double clicked on to open. Basically it doesn't. My addin loads, the
splash screen shows and disappears but the workbook is never opened. Excel
just sits there with no workbook open at all (not even a new blank one). If
I disable my splash screen then everything works fine. Also, once Excel is
open, double clicking on workbooks does cause then to load into Excel as
normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've found a partial solution by opeining the userform using another OnTimer
event but if anyone has any other solutions I'd still be interested.

Regards

Alan

"Alan Roberts" wrote in message
[...]

Splash Screen John Calder New Users to Excel 2 May 11th 09 03:22 AM
Splash Screen Brooke Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 March 25th 08 03:58 PM
splash screen Dave F Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 16th 07 05:00 PM
Splash Screen Lee Excel Programming 0 December 1st 03 05:08 PM
VBA splash screen scott[_6_] Excel Programming 2 October 16th 03 09:27 AM