Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving user specific binary data

Hello,

I am creating some objects and data structures in my add-in code while
working with Excel. I need to save the state of these objects with the
workbook so that these objects can be brought back in memory when the
workbook is opened.

Currently I am saving the state as binary data in a hidden sheet in
cells.

Is there a place holder in the Excel Format to save such binary data?

Regds
Gap

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best place is probably the registry. Have a look at SaveSetting and
GetSetting in the VBA help file. It is far faster than having to save your
entire add-in to preserve this information.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am creating some objects and data structures in my add-in code while
working with Excel. I need to save the state of these objects with the
workbook so that these objects can be brought back in memory when the
workbook is opened.

Currently I am saving the state as binary data in a hidden sheet in
cells.

Is there a place holder in the Excel Format to save such binary data?

Regds
Gap

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Robin,

That definitely is a faster solution. But that would restrict the
objects to the machine they were saved on. The workbook can be opened
by multiple users/machines.

Regds
Gap