Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Translation

I am trying to place the value from cell F33 in Worksheet("Data") into Cell A2 in Worksheet("New WO's"). So I used this...

Worksheet("New WO's").Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Data!R[33]C[5]"

It brings the value =Data!R[33]C[5] into A2, as I expected, but it doesn't bring the new value (in this case "1")

I then wanted to take the value in A2 and replicate it down to the bottom of the data, so I used this...

Range("A3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+1"
Range("A3").Select
Selection.AutoFill

Once again, it brings the string =R[-1]C+1 into A3, and replicates it down the column, as expected, but it doesn't then convert the formula to the number. What do I need to do, please?

Thanks again,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim

It may be that the cell is formatted as text. Change the formatting to
General or anything other than text and the formula will return the value.

I don't use R1C1 much, but I don't think that formula will point to F33. I
think you need

=Data!R33C6

or

=Data!R[31]C[5]