Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand, it doesn't seem possible without a formula or without VBA.

--

HTH

RP

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click on the sheet tab of the sheet where you will edit the cell.
Select view code and put in code like this:

If target.Adderss = "$A$1" Then
workbooks("WorkbookB.xls").Range("A1").Value = Target.Value
End if
End Sub

WorkbookB.xls must be open.

Tom Ogilvy

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

typo alert <bg:

If target.Address = "$A$1" Then
workbooks("WorkbookB.xls").worksheets("sheet1").Ra nge("A1").Value _
= Target.Value
End if
End Sub

(I added worksheets(), too.)

(I wonder if Adderss was one of Peo's Swedish pals? <gd&r)

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

--

Dave Peterson