-   -   impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323053-impose-value-workbook-cell-workbook-b-without.html)

Luc[_3_]

impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

If I understand, it doesn't seem possible without a formula or without VBA.

--

HTH

RP

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

Tom Ogilvy

impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

Right click on the sheet tab of the sheet where you will edit the cell.
Select view code and put in code like this:

If target.Adderss = "$A$1" Then
workbooks("WorkbookB.xls").Range("A1").Value = Target.Value
End if
End Sub

WorkbookB.xls must be open.

Tom Ogilvy

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

Dave Peterson[_5_]

impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

typo alert <bg:

If target.Address = "$A$1" Then
workbooks("WorkbookB.xls").worksheets("sheet1").Ra nge("A1").Value _
= Target.Value
End if
End Sub

(I added worksheets(), too.)

(I wonder if Adderss was one of Peo's Swedish pals? <gd&r)

"Luc" wrote in message
how can I impose a value from a cell in workbook A to a cell in workbook B
without using a formule in workbook B?

somebody having an idea?

--

Dave Peterson

Tom Ogilvy

impose a value from workbook A to a cell in workbook B without for

Good Catch - Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy