Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Default Opening Excel from an ASP file (VB works, ASP gets ASP 0178 error)

Hey
even am facing the same issue...
did u get a solution for this...

I gave Administrator permission to the asp file that has this code, in
IIS application, then it worked fine..but this is not a good solution

pls let me know if u have corrected this prob

thanks
devi

Fred Furia wrote:
The following code works for me using Visual Basic.

--------------------------
Dim objXL As Object
Dim objWkb As Excel.Workbook
Dim objSht As Excel.Worksheet

Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

objXL.Quit

Set objSht = Nothing
Set objWkb = Nothing
Set objXL = Nothing
--------------------------

However, when I try it in an ASP file, the CreateObject line gives me

an
error:

--------------------------
Error Desc: 006~ASP 0178~Server.CreateObject Access Error~The call to
Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is
denied to this object.
--------------------------

(I actually used Server.CreateObject. A simpler error ("70 -

Permission
denied") appears if I use CreateObject without the "Server." prefix.)

This occurs even if I try putting the Internet user in the

Administrators
group on the server. Office 2000 is installed on the server, and the

VB app
runs on the server just fine. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks again.

Fred
fred[at]phillyzone.com

PS: Sorry if this is a re-post. I was unable to delete the original

while
posting this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

looks like a bug..
do what i did.. google on the error string..

you'll get he
BUG: ASP Error 80070005 "Server.CreateObject Access" When You Create a
Visual Basic Component

--
keepITcool