Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make all VBA routines offlimits until a user enters the correct password

Hi,

I want to put VBA routines into a workbook. But I want these routines
off-limits until a qualified user provides the correct password. Is there
an easy to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would all depend upon how the routines are accessed.
If by menu, don't build the menu.
If from the macro list, maybe use a global variable that is checked in each
routine and if not set exits immediately.
Or maybe some other way, depending on the answer to my question.

But be aware that none of this is foolproof as Excel security is not very
resilient.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kevin H. Stecyk" wrote in message

I want to put VBA routines into a workbook. But I want these routines
off-limits until a qualified user provides the correct password. Is there
an easy to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Subject to the limitations that Bob has outlined, one way would be to make
all the routines Private so that they cannot be accessed via the menu and
then provide a button that they can press that prompts them for a password
and then upon successful completion throws up a form with buttons for
whatever routines you want to run.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Kevin H. Stecyk" wrote in message

I want to put VBA routines into a workbook. But I want these routines
off-limits until a qualified user provides the correct password. Is there
an easy to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ken & Bob,

Thank you very much for your responses. You've answered my question.

Best regards,
Kevin