Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveX control in Excel

I have created an addin to Excel. This addin has an activex control on
a userform. Everytime I go to Tools/Addins/Browse... and give it the
path to my addin, I get the following message:

This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be
unsafe. If you trust the source of this file, select OK and the
controls will be initialized using your current workspace settings.

Then there is an OK and Cancel button. I have already tried things
like digitally signing the ocx file and that did not work. I have also
tried to follow MS KB articles that tell you to change some registry
settings. Those did not seem to work either. Any help will be most
appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like the following registry key will fix this problem:

HKCU\software\microsoft\VBA\security\LoadControlsI nForms
Type=DWord
Value=1