Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default control excel from Agilent VEE with ActiveX

Hello,
(I just found out about this website today and I just joined, so
please excuse and inform me of any protocol missteps I might make). If
anyone can answer the following question I'd be grateful.
I am trying to send a command from VEE to Excel using ActiveX. So far
I have done this successfully by recording a macro in Excel, and then
copying/pasting the Visual Basic text into a VEE formula box.
However, when the Visual Basic text includes a method with arguments,
VEE doesn't like the syntax. The syntax in Visual Basic is:

ActiveChart.PlotArea.Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:=
"C:\folder\myfile.bmp"

VEE doesn't seem to like the space between UserPicture and
PictureFile.
Thanks very much,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
E_R E_R is offline

Don't know what VEE is, but try adding parentheses...

ActiveChart.PlotArea.Fill.UserPicture(PictureFile: ="C:\folder\myfile.bmp"