Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data tables

Hi,

I have two questions regarding data tables.

1. I have a 1-D data table that calculates about 50 formulas for me as
a parameter is swept over about 100 values. I want to look at the
results of this table under two conditions, say Temperature=Hot and
Temperature=Cold.
Is there a way I can make a copy of the table and instruct for the
first table to use Temperature=Hot and for the second one to use
Temperature=Cold.
[Note a 2-D table is not what I want]

2. Whether my fist question above is possible or not, is there a way I
can disable calculation of one table while letting the everything else
on the sheet/workbook (including any other tables) active as normal? I
want to speed up execution but I don't want to delete the table as I
will need it again.

Thanks in advance,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. You can certainly do it - you could have done some things when you set up
the table to allow you to change that "on the fly" but since you already have
the formulas here's what you should be able to do:

- Make your copy of the table
- highlight the new copy
- press Ctrl-H for Find/Replace
- Tell it to find "Hot" and Replace it with "Cold" (note: may need to be
careful here if the "find" text occurs in any other context than the formulas
that need to be modified!)

2. You can go to Tools...Options...Calculation and turn recalculation
tomanual. You can then use the "Calc Sheet" to manually recalculate the
current sheet, or f9 for a full recalculation. Just be sure you keep track
of the calculation status (note the Status bar) so you don't print or save it
with incorrect results!

"John" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your suggestions, but I am looking for a little more...

1. The input cells that get recalulated in the table just refer to
other cells in the main area of the sheet.
They don't contain the formulas directly, and even the orignal formulas
do not contain the text "Hot" or "Cold" in them.
What I want is to tell the first 1-D table to calculate everything with
the cell named Temperature set to Cold, while Table 2 does
it with Temperature set to Hot. (In general, I might want Temperature
set to one of two numbers in each case)

2. Lets say I have 10 tables set up. I want to be able to place a
checkbox next to the ones that I want to recalculate.
When I hit F9 I only want the one or two tables I have checked to
recalculate, instead of waiting for all 10 to be updated.

Regards
John