Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

Default using of progress bar

Hello,

does anybody have any experience of using of the progress bar at following
web page http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm ?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of all the progressbars I've seen, your main code needs to advance the
progress bar itself.
I've not seen any asynchronous examples - not even marquee progress bars in
Excel.

example Pseudocode of main code:

Initialise progress bar
for 1 to 100
do something
advance progress bar by 1
next
exit progress bar

I have some progress bars on my website.

?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on
the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes,

I do! What do you need help on?

In principle the progress bar will run as a modeless form while the
remainder of your code executes.

Robin Hammond

"JH" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody have any experience of using of the progress bar at following
web page http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm
?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on
the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

Hello Robin,

thank you for your reply.
I try and explain it once again.

My macro has following structu

Sub Main()
Sub 1()
Sub 2()
Sub 3()
Sub n()
End Sub

Macro usually takes from 20s up to 1min, depends on data volume
I would like to know where to place the subroutine "ProgBarDemo" in my code,
eventually how to adjust progressbar code (counter etc...) in order to the
progressbar displays duration of whole macro.

Maybe the solution is simple but I am a beginner in WBA programming :)

thanks

Jan

"JH" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody have any experience of using of the progress bar at following
web page http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm
?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on
the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jan,

It would look something like this

Sub Main
Dim PB as clsProgBar
Set PB = new clsProgBar

'if your subs are being called from a userform, hide the form first using
Me.Hide
With PB

.title = "some title"
.caption1 = "Executing, this may take a while"
.caption2 = "Doing task 1"
.show
doevents

end with

Sub1 x,y,z
pb.progress = 10
pb.caption2 = "doing task 2"

Sub2 a,b,c,d
PB.progress = 20
pb.caption2 = "doing task 3"

'etc,
'and at the end

Sub10
PB.finish

'if called from a userform, show the form again, using me.show

Robin Hammond

"JH" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody have any experience of using of the progress bar at
following
web page
http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm
?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on
the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

thanks Robin

that works perfectly

Jan

"JH" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody have any experience of using of the progress bar at
following
web page
http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm
?
How to use this progress bar exactly. I supposse it is possible for
progressbar to work in the foreground and main code will be executed on
the
background

thanks you for any suggestion in advance

Jan H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the previous posts have been helpful, but when I hit cancel on the progress
bar... the rest of my code continues running. How do I end my code if I
press cancel on the progress bar?

Thanks!

"JH" wrote:

thanks Robin