Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fonts missing from latest Excel mess up my files.

Files written using Klang and Alleycat fonts in earlier versions of Excel now
show default fonts in the latest version. This causes layout errors. How can
I get the old fonts to work in the latest version of Excel? Must I embed them
to avoid layout errors on other computers?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,
You can't embed fonts in Excel, as far as I know.
Use known Windows fonts or install those others on the target machine,
assuming you have the right to do so.

NickHK

"Paul Brown" <Paul wrote in message
Files written using Klang and Alleycat fonts in earlier versions of Excel

now
show default fonts in the latest version. This causes layout errors. How

can
I get the old fonts to work in the latest version of Excel? Must I embed

them
to avoid layout errors on other computers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for this confirmation. Font deletions in new versions of Excel mean
that it is hard to support Excel-driven software that is sold commercially.

Thanks, Nick, for troubling to reply.

Paul Brown

"NickHK" wrote:

Paul,
You can't embed fonts in Excel, as far as I know.
Use known Windows fonts or install those others on the target machine,
assuming you have the right to do so.

NickHK

"Paul Brown" <Paul wrote in message
Files written using Klang and Alleycat fonts in earlier versions of Excel

now
show default fonts in the latest version. This causes layout errors. How

can
I get the old fonts to work in the latest version of Excel? Must I embed

them
to avoid layout errors on other computers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul

Excel has not "deleted" fonts in new versions.

Excel uses the fonts you have installed with the Operating System.

Klang and Alleycat are not supplied with Windows default fonts and must have
been user-installed.

If Klang and Alleycat are not installed on your Computer or the users'
computers you are out of luck.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP