Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiply cells in range by corresponding factor

I'm a beginner at writing VBA macros and I need some help. What I want
to do is to provide the ability to select a range of cells in a
spreadsheet then click on a command button that runs a macro that
multiplies the content of each cell in the selected range by a
corresponding factor identified in row 2 of each column.

(Example) In row 2 the cells contain (A2)5,(B2)5 and (C2)10; Cells
A4:C5 contain values (A4)1,(B4)2,(C4)3,(A5)2,(B5)3,(C5)1. I select
range B4:C5. After running the macro the cells now contain
(A4)1,(B4)10,(C4)30,(A5)2,(B5)15,(C5)10.

If anyone could provide the code to perform this task I could use your
help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, try something like this in a standard module:

Sub myCalc()
Dim myCell As Range
Dim C&
For Each myCell In Selection
If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsNumber(myCell.Valu e) Then
C = myCell.Column
myCell.Value = Cells(2, C) * myCell.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

HTH--Lonnie M.