Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MSFlexGrid

Has anyone here worked with MSFlexGrids in a macro that is to be ran on
more then one computer? I've found that i have to manually add the
flex grid on each computer i put it on, does anyone have any ideas of
how I might be able to fix it?

thanks,
jake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jake,

It is not a standard part of Excel, but I think it comes with VB. Most users
will not have it installed unless another program has already placed it on
their machines. You will have to distribute the MSFLXGRD.OCX file for use on
each target machine. You should be able to handle that using either the
package and deployment wizard in VB or the more recent Visual Studio
Installer.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone here worked with MSFlexGrids in a macro that is to be ran on
more then one computer? I've found that i have to manually add the
flex grid on each computer i put it on, does anyone have any ideas of
how I might be able to fix it?

thanks,
jake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jake,

msflxgrd.ocx comes with VB, not with Excel. You'll have to distribute to
your target machines since it is not safe to assume it is already there. If
you have a VB licence I'd have a look at the Visual Studio Installer as a
way to do that.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

oups.com...