Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Userform

I am trying to hide a userform. I've have tried unloading the form and
hiding the form, both with screen updating = true; neither has worked form
me.

However, when i manually step through the program, the userform indeed DOES
hide...so, i imagine that the problem is during execution, the screen never
has a chance to catch up with the code.

Any more ideas how to handle this?

Smokii
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With screenupdating set to true, I have never had a problem with unloading
or hiding a userform.

Throw in a doevents if you think the screen needs to catch up.

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Userform1.Hide
DoEvents

Tom Ogilvy

"smokiibear" wrote in message
I am trying to hide a userform. I've have tried unloading the form and
hiding the form, both with screen updating = true; neither has worked form
me.

However, when i manually step through the program, the userform indeed

DOES
hide...so, i imagine that the problem is during execution, the screen

never
has a chance to catch up with the code.

Any more ideas how to handle this?

Smokii

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Throw in a doevents if you think the screen needs to catch up.

Thanks, Tom. I tried using a doevents earlier, but i didn't (and still
don't) understand its purpose. Anyhow, I tried it again, and now it seems
to work well.

thanks

Smokii

Ps. if you could elaborate on this function, i'd like to understand it
better. again, thanks.