Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide a textbox on a userform?

The visible property does indeed make the control visible/invisible. It has
no effect on the text. Not sure what you could be doing wrong as it's very
straightforward. Setting the property from the properties menu should do
the trick. If you're doing it via code perhaps you are mis-spelling the
property (I noticed your spelling of visible) however that should generate
an error.

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"Robin D" wrote in message

Can you hide a textbox on a userform?

I tried playing with the visable property... but I think
that is talking about the text within the textbox.

any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Father-to-son speech coming up <g:
Always use "require variable declaration" (Tools Options menu in the VBE). This will put
"Option Explicit" on all code modules and force you to declare everything. More work,
better habits and far more efficient code that use less memory and time to run.

One nice effect of this setting is that misspellings will produce errors, the debugger
will spot them and take you right there with some information on what's wrong.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.