Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating PivotCharts from PivotTables

Im having a problem creating a pie pivot chart from a pivot table on an
active sheet. I first select the range that I want to plot from inside the
pivot table, and then add a chart to plot the selected field. The code Im
using is as follows:

Range(€œE7:19€).Select
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlPie

The problem is that the pivot chart that is generated always plots another
data field (i.e. the first field) in the pivot table, instead of the selected
range that I specify. Is there a way to create a pivot chart from a pivot
table and specify precisely what data field(s) you want to plot? If anyone
has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.