Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default PivotCharts and series order

I have a number of PivotCharts with data tables, each linked to a PivotTable.
The fields in each PivotTable are broadly similar and in exactly the same
order and for all but one of the charts, the order is A, B and C. However,
for one PivotChart, the order on the chart and in the data table is B, A, C -
even though the Series Order dialog says it's A, B, C and the
SeriesCollection(1) correctly points to A.

This is proving a problem as my single macro to auto-update on refresh
relies on the fields being in the order A, B, C... so it doesn't work for
this one chart.

I have tried rebuilding the PivotChart and the PivotTable but it just
refuses to draw the graph in the same order as the others... any ideas why
this is happening? And what I can do about it...?

Thanks,
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Solved my own problem!

Whilst the chart type for each of the individual series matched (A, B were
both bars, C was a line), the "chart type" for the entire chart was set to
"line" for the offending chart, the others were set to "bar". Resetting the
chart type to "bar" fixed the problem (achieved by selecting the Chart Area
and then the Chart Type).

Still not sure *why* this was happening, but at least I have a fix...