Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date format with other text

I am trying to get a cell with other text to show the current date in the
format "yyyy". The entire cell will read "January 2005 Temperatures". I have
tried the syntax ="January "&TODAY()&" Temperatures". I have changed the
number format to a custom "yyyy" and it gives me the serial number for today.
I will have seperate sheets for each month, so I want the month typed in and
the year to be variable. What syntax do I use to change the format of the
date with other text in my formula bar?

I am setting up a sheet for someone who is intimidated by computers, and I
don't want him to have to alter any more data over the years than he has to.