Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default API graphics question

Hi,

is it possible to find a hDC for an Image control on a form?
Is it a window? Should I try to find it handle first?
Where is possible to find additional information and what approach should be
used to try to find such information on a Web?
As I can see, there is a lot of API graphics information on a web for VB but
not for VBA.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vasant Nanavati wrote:
AFAIK an image control does not have a handle. It is not a window.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I am trying to accomplish Visual Basic graphics with only VBA (Excel VBA
in particular) as I do not have Visual Basic and at the same time
every computer has Excel. I also think it is cool to make a real
graphics (like on edais.mvps.org) with Excel only.
If Excel has access to WinAPI, why not experiment with it? I already can
plot on a form with MoveTo() - LineTo() and is very proud of it :). Can
you tell me if there are any principal limitations of using API graphics
in Excel? And where to start digging for information.

Thank you in advance.

Mike.