Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - Graphics

Here is my problem: I have a database comprised of 4 colums and want t
automate the creation of a graphic. Automating the graphic is fine (
have done that already) but what I want to do is (as shown on th
attached graphic) is to create a text box with an attached line goin
down to the actual date on the graphic. In that text box, I want th
"Recommendation" and "Target" and the "date" to appear..

So basically, a code that would tell the program 1) build the graphi
using the dates as the "x" and the prices as the "y". (that I have don
already).
2) Search the Recommendation columm and when ever you come across a
entry, create a text box in the graphic that has the date
recommendation and target in it AND create an arrow pointing down t
the same "date" on the graphic line....as shown in the attache
file.....

3) I will be adding new data from time to time to update the graphics
so the text boxes must move with the graphic (so that the arrows stil
point to the correct date on the graphic line as I add new data.....

I know this seems complicated (at least for me) but any help would b
appreciated.....

I could probably do most of it if: someone could tell me the code fo
the program to search the recommendation collumm and create a text bo
in the graph 2) how to lock the text boxes so that they move with th
graphic as I enter new data....

Thank you very much for any hel

Attachment filename: test-macro.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=40145