Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel graphics

In Excel 2007 I want to insert objects in one column but in a succession of
rows of a worksheet. These objects are of various sizes, so I have adjusted
the row height to accommodate each object. When I do a sort, the objects do
not stay with the other information in the corresponding row. Some become
squished, others overlap other objects. The objects seem to be moveable on
the worksheet. How do I keep an object to stay with the other appropriate
information in the corresponding row when I do a sort?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Click the office button Excel Options Advanced. Under the heading Cut,
copy, and paste, tick the box: Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with
their parent cells.
Scroll down to heading Display options for this workbook and click the All
'dot' under For objects, show:
Hope this helps

"Berrybrook" wrote:

In Excel 2007 I want to insert objects in one column but in a succession of
rows of a worksheet. These objects are of various sizes, so I have adjusted
the row height to accommodate each object. When I do a sort, the objects do
not stay with the other information in the corresponding row. Some become
squished, others overlap other objects. The objects seem to be moveable on
the worksheet. How do I keep an object to stay with the other appropriate
information in the corresponding row when I do a sort?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

All of these had already been set as you suggest. I have gone back and reset
them again with no difference in the result. There seems to be no consistent
connection of the object to the specific row. Some objects move as expected,
but others show up in an unrelated row or hidden. or missing! It seems that
the row height also varies when I do a sort. Some rows have become shorter
than I had originally set to accommodate a larger object. In this case, even
cells containing text end up not showing all of the text in the original box.
Is it necessary to set all of the row heights the same as the largest of my
objects?

Am I doing something wrong when I do an insert? Sometimes I have done a
copy and paste from another document, sometimes I have done an insert from a
file. Are there different ways to insert or paste objects into a cell?

"Berrybrook" wrote:

In Excel 2007 I want to insert objects in one column but in a succession of
rows of a worksheet. These objects are of various sizes, so I have adjusted
the row height to accommodate each object. When I do a sort, the objects do
not stay with the other information in the corresponding row. Some become
squished, others overlap other objects. The objects seem to be moveable on
the worksheet. How do I keep an object to stay with the other appropriate
information in the corresponding row when I do a sort?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You cannot insert objects into a cell.

Objects lay on top of the cell and will sort with the data if the object is
sized to fit within the boundaries of the cell and set to move and size with
cells.

But remember, sorting juggles the contents of cells but the row heights do
not follow the contents.

i.e. row 3 is 25 points You sort on contents. Row 3 is still 25 oints.

Consequently..........squished and distorted objects.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Berrybrook" wrote:

In Excel 2007 I want to insert objects in one column but in a succession of
rows of a worksheet. These objects are of various sizes, so I have adjusted
the row height to accommodate each object. When I do a sort, the objects do
not stay with the other information in the corresponding row. Some become
squished, others overlap other objects. The objects seem to be moveable on
the worksheet. How do I keep an object to stay with the other appropriate
information in the corresponding row when I do a sort?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Forgot to suggest a possible fix.

Select all rows and set to autofit.

Select all cells and set to wrap text.