Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default transitioning custom menu from XL95 to XL97

IN XL95 I added a custom category to the worksteet menu bar called
"ListActions." Under "ListActions" are listed peoples names. In XL75, I
could press Alt-L and the "ListActions" list would be appear. I could
then press the first letter of the name, and the associated Macro would
run. In XL97 the list appears, but I must use the mouse to designate the
specific name.

In an earlier post, I learned that I must put an ampersand "&" in front
of the letter to be used for the key board short cut. The problem is how
edit existing menu in XL97 so I need not redo all of the numerous menus
from scratch. For unknown reasons, I've not been able to load XL95 on
my machine, so I can not go back and make the modification before the 95
to 97 conversion.

In XL97, when I go to toolbars/customize/commands, it lists most all of
the items on the worksheet menu bar such as file, edit, view .... help.
It does not list "ListActions," the category shown to the right of HELP.
Since "ListActions" is not listed, I can't edit it to add the
appersands. I have not been able to find it listed elsewhere as well.

I'm sorry if some parts of this question may overlap prior inquires, but
with the transition from Win98SE to WinXP, some of my e-mail messages
have gotten lost.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know which macros they are, but there are 159 of them on eight macro
sheets, so I'm obvious looking for some sort of batch conversion
process. Also, I want these macros to be uniquely associated with just
the one workbook. I can't have them being called by keystrokes in
another workbook.

F.Y.I. I've also working the process of trying to load Office95 on my
machine so I have XL95 with the thought that it might be faster to go
back into XL95 and make the changes in the XL95 macro editor so that
they work when brought into XL97.

Bob Phillips wrote:
If you know what the menu items are, what macros they call, we can help you
build a new menu using Commandbars aka XL97 -.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
There is a (by far) easier way to create custom menus in XL97 (and 2000 and
XP). I ran into a similar issue when going from XL95 -- I really liked the
menu builder. I tried to find the site, but it is no longer there.

However, I can send you a copy (zipped if needed -- but be sure to virus
scan anyway)...don't really know the rules about this.

I believe it could be adapted to the typical Excel menubars, if you like the
approach, I could probably help further. Let me know if you want me to email
the workbook.

JS

"WindsurferLA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops, I forgot to mention that because this method puts all of the macro
names on a worksheet you can hide, you can do many. I also tested placing
the & in the names and it worked.

-Hope this helps.
JS

"WindsurferLA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim... Please e-mail file to As I recall, Yahoo mail
will handle attachments of at least 1 MByte and possibly 5 Mybte. File
size is not a problem; I have high speed connection. I also have Norton
Antivirus to scan file.

Thanks. WindsurferLA

"WindsurferLA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Formatting Test Post
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Jim,

I ran into the same problem. Could you please send me a copy, too?

Thank you.

Michael.

My email address: m.hoffmann AT comparcompuer.com. (Please replace the AT with the @).