Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Suppress File Name

Is there a way to suppress the file name appearing the title bar of a
workbook using VBA? I know how to change the description appearing in the
title bar by using 'Application.Caption="My Description"' but cannot suppress
the file name.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
don't think ou can do this with plain VBA. This would require some Windows
API calls

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Francis Ang" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there a way to suppress the file name appearing the title bar of a
workbook using VBA? I know how to change the description appearing in the
title bar by using 'Application.Caption="My Description"' but cannot
suppress
the file name.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Francis,

Try:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ""

---
Regards,
Norman

"Francis Ang" wrote in message
Is there a way to suppress the file name appearing the title bar of a
workbook using VBA? I know how to change the description appearing in the
title bar by using 'Application.Caption="My Description"' but cannot
suppress
the file name.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The application Title Bar consists of Application.Caption &
Window.Caption.
So you set Application.Caption to what you want. After that you need to
set Window.Caption to blank ("").
e.g.

Dim W
For each W in Application.Windows