Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default define multi region and sort it using unicity

Hi,

I have an excel sheet on which I have more than 17000 records.
these records consist of :

column description
A Software editor
B Software Name
C User
D Computer number
E Path where is the exe

a user could save in several different folders the same software exe file.
So i would like to create a region / selection based on the couple
"Software editor + Software name" (which is normally unique) and to
filter this region / selection using the column D (computer number) in
order to avoid all multiple folder where could be saved the exefile...

everything should be done, using VBA.

for example :

A B C D E
MS Win XP test01 PC-0001 C:\Windows
MS Visio 2000 test01 PC-0001 C:\Program files\Visio
Gooly tetris test01 PC-0001 C:\Program files\gooly
Gooly tetris test01 PC-0001 C:\backup\gooly

MS Win XP test02 PC-0001 C:\Windows
Gooly tetris test01 PC-0002 C:\Program files\gooly

so when i click on my inventory button, i launch the VBA macro and for
the editor Gooly, Game Tetris, macro should return me 2 an not 3 because
i should filter my selection/region, using PC number (so i don't care
how many time the exe file is available on 1 PC...

thanks a lot,
Maileen