Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how can i link sheets in my excel workbook

i would like to know how to share information between sheets in an excel
workbook. I currently have 3 sheets that are used regularly, the first is a
master list, then a current members list and the third is a partially paid
listing. What I would like tp be able to do is enter the info on the master
sheet and have the other sheets automatically update the relevant cells. I
would like it to be explained in simple terms as my system is using xp and I
do not know my way around it yet.

Thanking in anticipation of anyone that answer my query
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand your question correctly you have a whole bunch of information
about one group of Members (Some current / Some not, Some Paid / Some Not)
This information is spread out over 3 sheets.

My recomendation is to get all of the information onto one sheet. We can
then display that information in a bunch of different ways to suit your
needs. We will be able to filter the records to show who is current, who is
paid up... If that is what you want let me know...

"New Secretary" wrote:

i would like to know how to share information between sheets in an excel
workbook. I currently have 3 sheets that are used regularly, the first is a
master list, then a current members list and the third is a partially paid
listing. What I would like tp be able to do is enter the info on the master
sheet and have the other sheets automatically update the relevant cells. I
would like it to be explained in simple terms as my system is using xp and I
do not know my way around it yet.

Thanking in anticipation of anyone that answer my query

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand what you are aking.. here is the way to do it.

Go th the sheet where you wnat you info to end up. Go to the cell...
press = then go to the sheet that allready has your info. Select the
source cell and press enter.

Email me if you need more help.