Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default opening a workbook without knowing its exact location

hello,

I'm trying to write code to open a workbook of which I don't know the exact
location.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks, Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Johan
so you're looking for a file search mechanism (which scans through
subdirectories)?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Johan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello,

I'm trying to write code to open a workbook of which I don't know the
exact location.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks, Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Johan,
Does this help ?

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/fileapi/r...tipleselective.
htm

NickHK

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi Johan
so you're looking for a file search mechanism (which scans through
subdirectories)?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Johan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello,

I'm trying to write code to open a workbook of which I don't know the
exact location.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks, Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Johan,

Take a look at the GetOpenFilename method in help. It gives a file browser
type dialog to go and find the file.

--

HTH

RP