Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table Auto-Fill

I have a pivot table and would like to auto-fill cells based on the
first line of each entity. Example:

Current representation on Pivot Table

Hospital 1 Project Manager 1 (First Line)
Blank Blank
Blank Blank
Blank Blank
Hospital 2 Project Manager 1
Blank Blank
Blank Blank
Etc.

Requirement

Hospital 1 Project Manager 1
Hospital 1 Project Manager 1
Hospital 1 Project Manager 1
Hospital 1 Project Manager 1
Hospital 2 Project Manager 1
Hospital 2 Project Manager 1
Hospital 2 Project Manager 1

Is there any way to do this automatically?

Thanks

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thanks. I thought that some VB solution might exist. I do copy the
Pivot Table and then I can auto-fill but the table is large and takes a
lot of time.

Bill

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
I am not aware of any way to do that automatically (no pivot table diplay
option). Also, it it remains a pivot table, you can't do it manually
either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bill,

I'm no expert, but I am looking to do something similar. Here's the best
solution I've found. In the area you will paste the pivot table data, use
the formula =(cell above). For example, in A2, you'll type =a1. Then, copy
A2, and copy as far down and over as you'll need for the headings. So, B3
will be "=b2", A5 will be "=A4" etc.

Then, copy your pivot table data, go to the first cell in that area you
prepared with the above formula. Click "paste special" and choose "values"
AND also check "skip blanks." This way, each blank cell will be skipped, and
will equal the pivot table data above it. You can then copy the whole thing
and again paste the values (with or without skipping blanks).

As I said, I'm not an expert, and there may be a better way, but this will
work quickly.

Jason