Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide VB Macro Code

Hi,

I have created one application using VB Macros and Forms in XL. Now I have to submit it to the client. Before doing so, I need to hide the VB code. That means when I click "Tools \ Macro \ Visual Basic Editor", my macros and its code should not be visible to any body.

How to achieve it and how can I make them visible again.

Thanks in advance
Sridhar P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can password protect your project, but remember that
VBA project passwords can be broken using hex editors. To
password protect, while in VBE go to Tools VBA Project
Properties Protection tab.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have created one application using VB Macros and Forms

in XL. Now I have to submit it to the client. Before doing
so, I need to hide the VB code. That means when I
click "Tools \ Macro \ Visual Basic Editor", my macros and
its code should not be visible to any body.

How to achieve it and how can I make them visible again.

Thanks in advance
Sridhar P

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Visual Basic Editor, In Project Expolere, right click on your project
and chose VBA Project Properties. Click on Protection Tab. Check the box
'Lock Project for Viewing' and enter your password. Save the project.
Close the file and open again.
You can see that the macros / code can not be seen unless you enter
correct passowrd.

(However there are VBA Password Recovery programs available, and if your
client has bought such one, he can crack the password and view the
project.)

Sharad