Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro/code to hide rows

I am making a complaint tracking form and want the users to be able to have a
completed row automatically hidden. Ideally this would happen via a command
button at the end of each row, or one central command button that they can
click and then select the row to be hidden, or select the row first and then
click the button. There will be around 200 active rows on this worksheet at
any given time, and I need the ability to have any one of the rows hidden
when it is completed. I have tried other code examples I found on here, but
none of them have worked as of yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank
you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Selecting a cell and clicking a button doesn't sound too automatic to me.

Why not just right-click on the row header and "Hide"?

If you could tell us how Excel would know a row is completed I am sure someone
could come up with event code that would hide the row automatically without
selecting and clicking.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP