Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default visual basic example of the defunct "Extract" function in Excel 4.

Could anyone provide me with Visual Basic example of how to replace the
Extract function that was built into Excel 4.0 that no longer exists since
version '97.
The Extract function was found in the Data menu of 4.0 and it was used to
extract a row of data out of a database based on matching criteria such as a
code number.
It would be something like a Vlookup to match a cell in a column and when
found the entire row gets copied to another row that can be referenced by
other formulas.
I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this. I have a spreadsheet at
work that I am trying to re-write and Microsoft's decision to eliminate this
simple yet powerful command is causing me great stress!
Thank you