Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DRH DRH is offline

Default Relative Reference in a Macro

The Help on Macro says: "8. If you want the macro to run
relative to the position of the active cell, record it
using relative cell references. On the Stop Recording
toolbar, click Relative Reference so that it is selected.
Excel will continue to record macros with relative
references until you quit Excel or until you click Relative
Reference again, so that it is not selected."

However, when I click Stop Recording, the action is
immediate (i.e.: no tool bar appears.) I can't determine
how to invoke the Relative Reference feature.

I must be missing something "obvious."
Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DRH,

When you click "Record" a toolbar named "Stop recording" should appear. It
is usually a floating bar with the "stop" button, along with the relative
references button.

Try running this macro to re-eanble it. Never close it by clicking the X at
its upper right.

With Application.CommandBars("Stop Recording")
.Enabled = True
.Visible = True
End With

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"DRH" wrote in message
The Help on Macro says: "8. If you want the macro to run
relative to the position of the active cell, record it
using relative cell references. On the Stop Recording
toolbar, click Relative Reference so that it is selected.
Excel will continue to record macros with relative
references until you quit Excel or until you click Relative
Reference again, so that it is not selected."

However, when I click Stop Recording, the action is
immediate (i.e.: no tool bar appears.) I can't determine
how to invoke the Relative Reference feature.

I must be missing something "obvious."
Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DRH DRH is offline

I ran your suggested Macro - and the "Stop Recording"
toolbar is now permanent (I moved it to the top tool bar.)
Thanks for that idea!

Now I must understand why the macro is "copying" data from
the first cell and "pasting" it in the second cell. Never
stops, eh?

.