Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hash table code - anyone ?!

Folks

I'm looking for a VBA implementation of a hash table.

I'm looking for something that would encapsulate the logic in a class,
with probably two methods (one for adding items and another for looking
up).

As surprising as it seems I have not managed to find something decent
using google... but I'm probably not a search engine god...
Any pointer / advice appreciated

Regards

--alexT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi AlexT,

I'm looking for a VBA implementation of a hash table.

I'm looking for something that would encapsulate the logic in a class,
with probably two methods (one for adding items and another for looking
up).

As surprising as it seems I have not managed to find something decent
using google... but I'm probably not a search engine god...
Any pointer / advice appreciated

For classes like this, you can probably use VB6 code too, so a google
search of "VB6 hash table class" (no quotes) brings up a few good hits.

Other than that, why not just use the Dictionary object from the
Microsoft Scripting Runtime library?

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.oaltd.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stephen,

For classes like this, you can probably use VB6 code too, so a google
search of "VB6 hash table class" (no quotes) brings up a few good

hits.

Good point - thanks !

Other than that, why not just use the Dictionary object from the
Microsoft Scripting Runtime library?

I'd rather like to have access to the source code to fine tune / debug.
And is the is Microsoft Scripting Runtime library bundled with all
plateforms runing XL2000, which is my minimum requirement ?!
Regards

--alexT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi AlexT,

I'd rather like to have access to the source code to fine tune / debug.

Sure

And is the is Microsoft Scripting Runtime library bundled with all
plateforms runing XL2000, which is my minimum requirement ?!

I believe so, but can't absolutely guarantee it. I have yet to see a
configuration without it.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel