Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Defined Functions

I have a user that has about 10 custom functions. I'd like to create a
add-in to hold them and allow them to be used on any new or old spreadsheet
he uses.

Is an add-in the best way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

scott

An add-in is a good way to go.

Copy/paste the UDF's to a general module in a new workbook.

Then FileSaveasSaveas File Type...scroll down to bottom of list and select
Microsoft Excel Add-in(*.xla)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:25:40 -0600, "scott" wrote:

I have a user that has about 10 custom functions. I'd like to create a
add-in to hold them and allow them to be used on any new or old spreadsheet
he uses.

Is an add-in the best way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to load this addin only once. Then next time it will load
automatically. It is also possible to load the add in programatically.
Regards,
Shetty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Save the xla in the XLStart folder & it will be loaded automatically - very
similar tio the personal.xls workbook that many people like to use.
If you have an alternative start up folder - see under Tools/Optios - then
you could put the XLA there instead.
Both these can be used, or indeed, simply use the Add-In Manager -
Tools/Add-Ins

"scott" wrote:

I have a user that has about 10 custom functions. I'd like to create a
add-in to hold them and allow them to be used on any new or old spreadsheet
he uses.

Is an add-in the best way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check the Installed property of the Addin object.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
How can I load an add-in via code? I thought that was not possible.

oups.com...