Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to copy a CheckBox that is within a Cell to other Cells

Hi;

Using "Forms", I created a Check Box in a cell and linked that Check Box to
That Cell, the link appears as "=$A$1" . Now using the Fill Handle i'd like
to copy the Check Box to many cell about 50 but each new Check Box is linked
to its Cell i.e in same Row "=$A$1, =$A$2, =$A$3" , and same column "=$A$1,
=$B$1, =$C$1", which didn't work with me , when i used it the result was
"=$A$1, =$A$1, =$A$1" Row and Column wise .

Or if there was a nother way to do this ?

I hope this is Clear .

Thanks in advance ....
--
Alawys Solving Problems
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could just use a macro to populate the range you want.

Option Explicit
Sub addCBX()
Dim myCBX As CheckBox
Dim myCell As Range

With ActiveSheet
.CheckBoxes.Delete 'nice for testing
For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.Range("a1:a50").Cells
With myCell
Set myCBX = .Parent.CheckBoxes.Add _
(Top:=.Top, Width:=.Width, _
Left:=.Left, Height:=.Height)
With myCBX
.LinkedCell = myCell.Address(external:=True)
.Caption = "" 'or whatever you want
.Name = "CBX_" & myCell.Address(0, 0)
End With
.NumberFormat = ";;;"
End With
Next myCell
End With

Another non-checkbox suggestion:

Maybe just give the cells a custom format.

Format the cells by:
selecting them
format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:

alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a check
mark.

Hit the delete key on the keyboard to clear the cell.

If you have to use that "checkmark" in later formulas:

=if(a1="","no checkmark","Yes checkmark")

You can just see if the cell is empty.

Abdeen wrote:

Hi;

Using "Forms", I created a Check Box in a cell and linked that Check Box to
That Cell, the link appears as "=$A$1" . Now using the Fill Handle i'd like
to copy the Check Box to many cell about 50 but each new Check Box is linked
to its Cell i.e in same Row "=$A$1, =$A$2, =$A$3" , and same column "=$A$1,
=$B$1, =$C$1", which didn't work with me , when i used it the result was
"=$A$1, =$A$1, =$A$1" Row and Column wise .

Or if there was a nother way to do this ?

I hope this is Clear .

Thanks in advance ....
--
Alawys Solving Problems