Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Get Past the User Form?

Hi,

I'm writing a program which uses user input data. I have written the user form
part and was experimenting with the rest of the program. However, it looks
like the program stops after I close the user form. Here is a little part of
the program.
Private Sub CancelButton_Click()
Unload UserForm1
-------------
Private Sub OKButton_Click()
Sheet1.Cells(1, 10) = FirstDate
Sheet1.Cells(1, 11) = SecondDate
Sheet1.Cells(1, 12) = NoToFill
'Replace 0 values in Trade Date Field with values in Post Date field
For Kount = 2 To NoToFill
Input1 = Sheet2.Cells(Kount, 1)
Input2 = Sheet2.Cells(Kount, 2)
If Input2 = 0 Then
Sheet2.Cells(Kount, 2) = Input1
Else
Sheet2.Cells(Kount, 1) = Input2
End If
Next Kount
Unload UserForm1
Sub MySub()
Sheet3.Cells(5, 5) = 5
End Sub
-----------------------------------

Since nothing shows up on sheet3 I assume the program never gets to Sub
MySub(). So far, no matter what I write after I close the user form it does
not process. Can anyone tell me how to get past the user form part? I thought
the program would do the next sub after the user form was unloaded.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like

Sub Test()
Userform1.Show
MySub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK. Will try it. Another thing which seems to work is to call My Sub right
after the "Unload UserForm1" line Perhaps when using the approach I used one
must run the main part of the program before ending the user form part? I
don't know. Still learning. But I know I know a lot more than I did when I
first started.

Thanks

How do I fill a cell in a user form from a selection on same form? Terry Tipsy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 11th 07 02:59 PM
How to I past the exact copy of a form without it shrinking Carol Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 31st 06 07:34 PM
User Form Tim Excel Programming 1 September 20th 04 06:55 PM
I am looking to see if anybody has an equivalant user form to Outlooks CONTACT form BruceJ[_2_] Excel Programming 2 October 15th 03 05:28 PM