Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Widening the Name Box - need help

I would like to install the code for widening the Name Box that is on Chip
Pearson's web site (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm)

I copied the declarations and WidenNameBoxDrop2 procedure to a new module I
created in Personal.xls.

The WidenNameBoxDrop2 procedure is then called by an event procedure I
created in the ThisWorkBook object of PERSONAL.XLS:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call WidenNameBoxDrop2
End Sub

The baisc problem is that nothing happens. Even if I step through the
procedure, the Name Box does not change.

What is wrong?

John Wirt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

I think you got it wrong. It does not widen the Name Box itslef! It
only widens the dropdown display width.

Click on the down arrow on the name box and you will see that when it
displays the names, the width of the display box is widened. (You must
have at least one name defined to see this.)

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

See multiple responses to your post 3 days ago:

http://tinyurl.com/54knd

Did none of these help?

---
Regards,
Norman

"John Wirt" wrote in message
I would like to install the code for widening the Name Box that is on Chip
Pearson's web site (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm)

I copied the declarations and WidenNameBoxDrop2 procedure to a new module
created in Personal.xls.

The WidenNameBoxDrop2 procedure is then called by an event procedure I
created in the ThisWorkBook object of PERSONAL.XLS:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call WidenNameBoxDrop2
End Sub

The baisc problem is that nothing happens. Even if I step through the
procedure, the Name Box does not change.

What is wrong?

John Wirt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you. Got them now.
Yes, the code did work when I open the Name Box. I misunderstood.
Will try the Add-in, too.
John