Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with saving cell values to file

(Sorry, if my message arrives twice. I can't see the first one.)

Const SaveTheseCells As String = "M4:O4;M6:O6;M8:O8;M10:O10;M12:O12"

Sub SaveToFile()
Dim MySheet As Worksheet

For Each MySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
Select Case MySheet.CodeName
Case "SpecialSheet":
Dim SheetToFile As Worksheet
Set SheetToFile = MySheet
End Select
Next MySheet

Set MySheet = Nothing

Dim FileName As String
FileName = "C:\test.txt"

FileNum = FreeFile

Open FileName For Output As #FileNum
Print #FileNum, "start"

SheetToFile.Range(SaveTheseCells).Select

Dim cell As Range

'This does not save the values of M4, N4, O4, etc.
'What is wrong with this?

For Each cell in Selection.Cells
Print #FileNum, cell.Text
Next cell