Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capturing the selected tab in a worksheet_deactivate macro

HELP! Here's what I need to do.

On deactivating a particular worksheet in a workbook, I need to run a
complex update macro (which I'm having no trouble with). Problem is this, to
accomplish updating all the pages, etc. in the deactivate macro, I have to
activate other sheets in the workbook. So, let's say, the deactivate macro is
on Sheet1, and I do a bunch of stuff on Sheet2 and Sheet 3 during the
deactivate macro, but I clicked on Sheet6, initiating the macro.

At the end of the deactivate macro, how do I get it to go back to Sheet6 (or
whatever sheet was selected?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The following should help

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Dim s As Worksheet
Set s = ActiveSheet
'do your stuff here
s.Activate
End Sub

If any of your complex updating involves selecting sheet1 (or the sheet which
triggers this deactivate code) you could have a loop problem. Otherwise this
should put you on the sheet you selected which triggered the deactivation of
the sheet.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va