Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA: Hide username and password when opening a web page

I am trying to access a web site which requires a username and password
login. I am trying to login using VBA by constructing a string which
uses name/value pairs ala

https://www.mywebsite.com/script?use...ord=mypassword

this works fine except that the full url with username and password
becomes the title bar when the page is opened. is there any way to
suppress this, ie hide the name/pwd?

TIA

dan