Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Option from tools in Menu bar

Is there visual basic that will allow me to disable "options" under "tools"
from the menu bar?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try this

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=522, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False

More info here
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Qaspec" wrote in message ...
Is there visual basic that will allow me to disable "options" under "tools"
from the menu bar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just wondering....if I wanted to place a command button on sheet1 to restore
the options menu item is this possible? I tried this:

Private Sub OptOn_Click()

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=522, Recursive:=True).Enabled = True

End Sub

But nothing happens.